Day one of this blog......

Why am I doing this?????Well I'm finding that I'm fairly lonely, occassionally bored and very over facebook so here we go. What will I blog about, who knows probably random stuff. You will have to excuse my poor blogging skills, hopefully this will improve.


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day one

So here goes Day 1 (I'll try for 365 but will see how that goes), what happened today-
Dios and I went to a mothers group thing we have been attending and I found out that I am totally behind in the mothering department because a) I am teaching my child one language as opposed to 4 b) I'm a definite fail in the mothering department because the only nursery rhyme I know is 'twinkle twinkle little star' and I'm pretty sure I don't even know that properly c) I am slightly behind the 8 ball because I have not been playing 'Baby Einstein' or 'Smart baby' to Dios and d) asked whether other mothers thought watching tv might be overstimulating for babies due to their new status on the planet.
On the plus side Dios had three day naps and is now asleep at 7:26pm since 6pm

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!
    As i was walking home from the train after work last night i was thinking how i miss your near daily emails from when you were bored at work. So glad you're still bored and i'll be hearing from you regularly again!! :)
    I like the blog lay-out. good job.
    Read this: http://www.salon.com/life/parenting/index.html?story=/mwt/feature/2011/06/20/lori_gottlieb_atlantic_pamela_paul_times_parenting

    It's essentially about how people who are too worried about being the perfect parent have kids with the most problems. Maybe you can print it out, highlight the main points, and take it to the next mothers group :)
    surely there are mothers groups around with 'normal' people?! daggy, povvo, imperfect, (though of course you are none of these!!) normal people, who look at life with a sense of humour and a grain of salt? though isn't it always the case that in any group situation the most annoying and opinionated people are the ones we notice. go talk to the quietest one sitting at the back of the room next time, i bet she's the coolest :)
    wow to the three naps! that's great, and hopefully the start of a trend?!
    i'm going to come see for myself :) still keen for a catch up while the lads are away? i'll be in touch soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww babe. You're doing a wonderful job. Mothers group is all about preying on ones insecurities. Miss you much honeychild

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your posts too :-) Please tell us about all of your adventures and the cool stuff that Handsome Dios does as he grows up.

    ReplyDelete