Day one of this blog......

Why am I doing this?????Well I'm finding that I'm fairly lonely, occassionally bored and very over facebook so here we go. What will I blog about, who knows probably random stuff. You will have to excuse my poor blogging skills, hopefully this will improve.


Sunday, July 17, 2011

Discovering new unexpected places

Today I went for a walk along the Glenworth track ( I think that's what its called) near Charlestown, it's part of the Fernleigh track . The walk takes you through ( I think) temperate rainforest down to the beach. I didn't even know there was anything like this in Newcastle, so I now have somewhere to take people if they don't mind a walk. I didn't take any photos but will go back and take some next time. The beach we got to also seems to be a favourite with surfers.

Being the thinker I am I have learnt that you cannot go out for wine or dessert when you are the only person at home with a sleeping baby. So the other night when I was craving something sweet I came up with this recipe made out of the rather stark contents of fridge and cupboard unfortunately I couldn't solve the lack of alcoholic beverage as easily.
Citrus self-saucing pudding
2 cups SR flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup marmalade
2 dessert spoons butter
1/2 cup sourcream
1/2 cup milk
Mix all of the above ingredients till the consistency of cake, add flour or liquid if too runny or liquidy. Place in cake tea. Juice any citrus ( I used ruby red grapefruit and mandarins) about 2 cups worth. I failed to add sugar to the juice and it was a bit tart so if you like your pudding sweet add sugar. Cook in 200 C overn for 30 mins add cream or icecream if you have any (I didn't).

I've decided that I would like to get a beach cruiser bike and a baby seat or trailer.

2 comments:

  1. wow, sounds like a tasty little dessert!!! i have a business idea for you: home alcohol and dessert delivery service. obviously you wouldn't do the driving yourself - someone would be hired for that - you would just be the owner/manager.
    what's a beach cruiser? a type of bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious indeed! And remember, Coles and Woolies online shopping can deliver your alcoholic bevvies... although they do need a day's notice!

    ReplyDelete